Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Catching up

First things first. I did my century for February on 2/20 but I fell short. It became a metric plus. I did 70 miles plus the App Gap!



The route that I took put me at the middle of this map. To the left is considered baby gap and to the right is considered "the gap". It's the finish of stage 3 of the Green Mountain Stage Race. Wow! That was a climb. It made falling short of 100 miles quite fine. I will still take it as a great effort. I have plans on revisiting it for another go but this time I will do the whole thing and back.

After I came over the gap I stopped for lunch and then rode on north. I found where a friend of mine lives and stopped by for a quick hello. His Name is Dave and he did the TD last year which ultimately prompted me to challenge myself to train for it. He is instrumental in my motivation, as well as some other close friends of mine. I left feeling charged and look forward to a great year of planning and training.

 Sunday 2/27 I met up with Mike B. and we did an out and back to Shelburne Pond. We hit a shit load of bike paths that would be hard pressed to be considered rideable. Oh, wait, Mike has a Pug!


It came in handy for sure but there were still sections that we did that put a hurting on him. It was a great time, great conversation and a great day. The sun was shining and that was awesome. Did I mention that Mike is doing TD 2012? Well, now he has to. I just made it public.

My ever so trustworthy bike!
March is upon us and the weather will eventually get a hell of alot nicer and I can wait. One month or so until the Gravel Grinder and I want to be ready.

2 comments:

Pondero said...

Bagging major climbs, logging over 70 miles in the dead of winter, and meeting up with friends sounds like a major achievement to me. Nicely done.

bmike said...

now you've called me out.
;)

no place to hide with the internet around...