Tuesday, July 19, 2011

rumor has it, I'M BACK!

I took my first (real) ride last night since my accident. Followed by my second this morning. Holy @#!% it felt great. I have waited for this for six weeks and I thought most or all of my season was over but there is hope I can get it back. My legs seem fine but my cardio is way off. Sucking wind like this:


except I wasn't getting the benefits from it. This morning was a bit better but I covered the same distance in less time proven that gravity was helping. I did have some challenging section and it feels so good to go after them.

My immediate goal on the bike is to be ready to the 24hrs of Great Glen. I signed up on a four man team before I broke my collarbone and was all but sure I would have to scratch. This may not be the case and I hope that is how it plays out. The only damage from this is a stupid (ridiculous) medical bill, some missed races at Catamount, and sadly a Duathlon that I was going to do with my wife. I was pretty bummed about that because I feel like it had a small part to do with why my wife stopped running lately.

I have brakes and tires to get for my MTB, still need to lace the wheels and then get the rest together for some test rides. One month to get me and the bike dialed in and then this race will help prepare me for the VT50. The Grande Fritata of my season!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm happy for you, babe. I did lose a lot of my motivation when you got hurt...your injury affected me just as much as it did you!! I'm glad you are rollin' again!! coco

Apertome said...

It's great that you're back! I hope you are able to get your season back on track. Sounds like that might actually be possible. Excellent!

Unknown said...

That's great Wil!
I look forward to seeing you pull away from me on the hills during the fall 200K :)