Sunday, February 19, 2012

my first set of single speed wheels

and boy are they nice!

Stans, King, DT Swiss
880g on the front wheel, 1080g on the rear. Not a bad thing to have a wheelset under 2000g. Weight isn't that big of a deal to me. It is nice having a light set that will be strong. The light guys can go with crest rims and revolution spokes. Honestly, I don't think the weight savings is worth the chance so I went for the arch rims with competition spokes.

The king hubs are sincerely incredible. I have never had a set for myself and look forward to running them. The single speed hub with the fun bolts is just straight up awesome!


2 comments:

Pondero said...

Pretty wheels. I hope you enjoy them.

Unknown said...

Thanks Chris. I still need to tension them and true them up. Not in any huge push, I still have to build the bike that they are going on.